Every Finnish bovine can be tracked throughout their life. Individual animal tracking together with an excellent bovine welfare tracking system is a good basis for developing and improving animal welfare.
Facts about Atria's cattle welfare
- About 80 % of Atria’s beef comes from dairy cattle and around 20 % is beef cattle.
- All the suckler cows and most of the dairy cows pasture in the summer time.
- Finnish bulls are never neutered.
- Tails are never docked.
- Animal transportations are strictly controlled. All the vehicles are equipped according to Finnish regulations.
- Feeding is centered upon Finnish grass, which is a natural diet for bovine.
- It provides a positive impact on fatty acids.